The National Disability Insurance Scheme otherwise (NDIS) is the largest Australian Government health initiative to be introduced since Medicare. It is overseen by a Government entity known as the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA). The similarity in names causes some confusion but at the end of the day it is the job of the NDIA to implement the NDIS.
NDIS Pre- Planning
What is pre planning?
Early preparation is the key to success with your first NDIS meeting. People who have pre plans have the potential for better outcomes. SAI Home and Community Care can assist with pre-planning so there is no need for the NDIS process to become overwhelming. Brief chats with our NDIS staff are free however we charge $150 for our pre-planning sessions. The plans we prepare are extremely detailed and the cost merely covers some of our time.
The pre planning sessions are-
- one on one
- for 3 hours
- like life coaching, preparing you for future and a guide for future reviews with the NDIA.
- designed to coach you to get the best out of your planning meeting with the NDIA, and we are available to answer your queries by phone and email.
Enquire online or chat with us on 03 8785 0999 to book a pre-plan or to know more!
Do I really need to prepare?
Yes! During the planning meeting with the NDIA planner or your Local Area Coordinator (LAC), individuals or their nominees ( a person of choice to support the individual through the process), will be asked a range of questions in an interview that will take approximately 90 minutes.
Preparation for this meeting is vital and you will need to know:
- Services and supports you currently recieve
- What supports are missing
- Evidence of support
- Overarching goals you want to achieve that are tied back to the disability.
It is also helpful if you have:
- Supporting letters from specialists
- Price quotes for potential equipment purchases
Preparation is key- Whether you do a pre plan or not, you can easily miss out on funding if you are not prepared for your meeting. Having said that, a pre plan does not guarantee that you will get everything that you ask for, as it needs to be assessed as being reasonable and necessary. In some cases, a continuance of existing supports will be all that is required, and this is a perfectly acceptable way to enter your first NDIS plan.
Your plan will last 12 months, you can have your plan amended if necessary, however the goal is to review annually.
What are the new NDIS terms?
With the introduction of the NDIS there are a collection of new phrases that we must familiarise ourselves with including core, capital and capacity building supports, support coordination, price guide and types of plan management.
Core funding relates to the funding needed to maintain daily living such as domestic tasks, consumable items such as continence aids, meals and short term accommodation.
Capital funding relates to equipment and home modifications this funding is not flexible.
Capacity Building funding supports the individual to build their independence and skills for example behaviour therapy.
What to do next?
- Chat with our friendly staff on 8785 0999 and book your pre-planning meeting where we will provide one-on-one coaching and support to help you prepare for your NDIS meeting.
- Once you have your funding, SAI Home and Community Care can assist you with the provision of personal carers, support workers, cleaning, respite (this has a new name under NDIS) and Support Coordination.
- Welcome to SAI ! Now you are part of our expanding family. Lets walk on this journey together
Why choose SAI Home and Community Care?
Experience one-on-one complementary consultation with SAI Team. No individual needs are the same. We invest time to get to know you and your needs so that we can together plan and individually tailor program to meet your needs.
SAI Home & Community Care is committed to the provision of high-quality services which consistently satisfy the needs and expectations of our customers and so we have established a Quality Management System (QMS) that complies with the requirements of Standard ISO 9001:2015.
Our Care For You
We ensure individual needs are taken care 24/7 backed by 40+ years of experienced leaders providing high quality care. We passionately commit to assist and empower our clients to fulfill their goals and enable choices to remain living independent in their homes.